The Opolskie Voivodeship has developed all-round cooperation– not only in the economic sphere – with a number of foreign counterparts. The Opolskie Voivodeship is one of the signatories to a four-party agreement on interregional cooperation with Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany), Burgundy (France) and Central Bohemia Kray (Czech Republic), established on 21.05.2003.
Bilateral agreements of the Self-Government of the Opolskie Voivodeship include the following partners:
- Autonomous Community of Galicia (Spain) – since 04.03.1999
- Basilicata Region (Italy) – since 21.10.1999
- Rhineland-Palatinate Federal State (Germany) – since 11.09.2001
- Fejer County (Hungary) – since 21.08.2000
- Ivano-Frankivsk Region (Ukraine) – since 5.10.2001
- Olomouc Kray (Czech Republic) – since 9.07.2002
- Styria Federal State (Austria) – since 3.07.2004
- Arad County (Romania) – since 16.03.2007
- Fujian Province (China) – since 9.09.2012
- Region of Burgundy (France) – 7.07.2014
- Moravian-Silesian Kray (Czech Republic) – 15.09.2017
Within the Opolskie Voivodeship there are two euroregions situated: Euroregion Pradziad and Euroregion Silesia.
The Opolskie Voivodeship was the first to open its Information Office in Brussels.